Professional Development Opportunities
Florida A&M University and the City of Orlando are hosting the 2017 Energy Water Food Nexus International Summit
on September 20-22, 2017 at the Orlando Hilton.
Four Thematic Areas:
- New Science Enterprise
- Accelerated Innovation
- Science Based Policy and Decision Making
- Global Access to Safe Water
Go to FAMU.edu/NEXUS for more information.
November 2-4, 2017, Doubletree by Hilton Washington – Crystal City
- 300 Army Navy Drive Crystal City, Virginia
- Theme: Creating Deep and Lasting Learning
Extended Deadline for Submitting Proposals: September 8, 2017
- Sponsor: NCWIT with support from Microsoft Research
- Award: Up to $10,000 per project funded plus travel expenses to annual summit
- Number of Awards: TBD
- Application Deadline: Oct. 30, 2017
Note: Applicant's institution must be an NCWIT member. (Membership is free.) The award focus is on programs "to develop and implement initiatives for recruiting or retaining women in computing and IT."
March 25-27, 2018, Westin Galleria Hotel, Houston, TX
- Promising practices, methods for analysis and ways to overcome obstacles related to efforts to continuously improve teaching, learning, and success in gateway courses
- New methods and/or fresh ideas about using technology, course design, engaging pedagogies, academic supports, analytics or other methods to improve teaching and learning