Frequently Asked Questions

What responsibilities does the Financial Aid Office have that are different from the responsibilities of the Student Accounts Office?

The Financial Aid Office grants awards and approves loans based on the eligibility of the student.  They determine the type and amount of each award or loan, which is indicated in the “official” award letter that is mailed to each student who completes a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The Financial Aid Office will release the aid to the student’s account after all documentation has been signed and submitted.  If the student has a loan, the Financial Aid Office will release the loan after the student (borrower) has completed the application, counseling sessions, and endorsed the promissory notes.  Students can contact the Financial Aid Office at (386) 481-2620 and/or review the Financial Aid section on this Website.

Does Bethune-Cookman offer a monthly payment plan to help pay for tuition/fees?

Yes, as a special service to students and their families, the University offers the option to make tuition and room & board payments on a monthly basis through Tuition Management Systems. The Tuition Management Systems Payment Plan is an interest-free alternative to having to make lump-sum payments. The cost of books is not included in the Tuition Management Payment Plan. For further information or to enroll, call Tuition Management Systems at (800) 722-4867 to speak with a consultant. You may also review the Tuition Management Systems website at The Tuition Management Systems Payment Plan is not available during summer sessions.

When will my financial aid be posted to my account?

After the Financial Aid Office has verified your eligibility, receipt of all documentation, and the funds have been transmitted electronically to B-CU, the Financial Aid Office will inform the Office of the Bursar that the funds have been released.  The Office of the Bursar will make the transfer and post the funds to your account.

How can I change my address?

You must notify the Registrar’s Office when you have a change of address. For refunds only, you must notify the Office of the Bursar prior to the refund being issued.

How do I receive a BankMobile Disbursement Account?

As soon as you have completed registration, B-CU will start the process of creating your BankMobile Account. A refund selection kit will be ordered for you.

How do I activate my BankMobile Account and choose my refund preference?

You will receive an email from BankMobile when your refund selection kit containing your “personal code” has been shipped to B-CU. You will then use your “personal code” to select your refund preference through BankMobile by logging into The refund options are: an electronic deposit to another bank account; an electronic payment to a BankMobile Vibe account; or a paper check delivered by the U.S. Postal Service.

How can I log in to manage and monitor my BankMobile Account Account?

Go to and enter your password. Through this site you will be able to keep track of the funds you have available for spending and avoid “insufficient funds” fees by accessing your free online statement. It is updated in real-time and available 24 hours, 7 days a week.

How can I use my BankMobile Vibe for free?

  • Swipe and Sign
    • You must select “credit” instead of “debit” when paying at the cash register with your card.  It is a way to avoid the PIN-based transaction fee.
  • Use Fee-Free Allpoint ATM Machines at over 55,000 locations throughout the U.S.
  • You can visit to review BankMobile's statement of fees.