Named in honor of a longtime member of the Advisory Board and Board of Trustees Ferris Megis, Meigs Hall was completed in 1956 as a female residence hall. The residence hall houses approximately 172 females. Students occupy double rooms and are provided with twin mattress, closet space, a desk, chair and bookshelf. Each floor has communal bathrooms. All rooms are air-conditioned and are wired for internet, cable television and telephone ports. Other amenities include a student lounge on the 1st and 2nd floors, a flat screen TV, laundry facilities on each floor and vending machines. The Residence Life Coordinator’s office is located on the 1st floor and open 24/7.