Bethune-Cookman University Students often enroll at Bethune-Cookman University(Home School) and/or another college/university(Host School) as a transient student. It is possible to receive financial aid under these circumstances as long as certain requirements are met.
- You will be considered a Transient student at the other institution.
- You will only be awarded financial aid at Bethune-Cookman University (Home School) from which you will graduate and receive your degree. You cannot receive financial aid at both Bethune-Cookman University(Home School) and the other institution(Host School).
- Consortium agreements will only be processed if they are necessary for you to receive the full amount of your financial aid.
- You must be enrolled in enough hours to qualify for financial aid. If you enroll simultaneously at Bethune-Cookman University and another school, the total hours enrolled between the two schools will be used to determine your financial aid eligibility.
- You will be responsible for paying all program fees at the other institution. Bethune-Cookman University will not make payment directly to the other school.
- Speak with your Student Success Coach/Advisor to ensure the classes you plan to take are appropriate and approved.
- Obtain a Transient Form from the Registrar (Must have all approved signatures)
- At the Other Institution(Host School) you must enroll in the same class or classes that was approved on the transient form.
- Complete the Consortium Agreement for the following term:
- Take the Transient Form and Consortium Agreement to the “host” school/other institution. Typically it takes three weeks or longer to get all the necessary signatures on a consortium agreement.
- Financial aid CANNOT be disbursed without these documents:
- Signed and completed Consortium Agreement
- Copy of the Bethune-Cookman University Transient Form
- Copy of the student’s class schedule from the Host School
- Copy of the Tuition and fees statement from the Host School
- The consortium agreement will cover only classes for which you have already registered.
- If you plan to attend another school for an academic year, you will have to process a consortium agreement for each term (fall, spring, and summer).