Students often enroll simultaneously at B-CU and a community college and want to combine the hours at both institutions for financial aid purposes. It is possible to receive financial aid under these circumstances as long as certain requirements are met.
- Your financial aid will be awarded by the institution from which you will receive your degree. If you plan to enroll simultaneously at B-CU and another institution, you should apply for financial aid at the school from which you expect to graduate. The school from which you will graduate is the “home” institution that must process a consortium agreement with the other school (the “host” institution).
- The purpose of a consortium agreement is to ensure disbursement of the proper amount of financial aid. Consortium agreements will only be processed if they are necessary for you to receive the full amount of your financial aid.
- You must take enough hours to qualify for financial aid. If you enroll simultaneously at B-CU and another school, the total hours enrolled between the two schools will be used to determine your financial aid eligibility.
- You will be responsible for paying all program fees at the other institution using the financial aid that is refunded to you by B-CU. The University will not make payment directly to the other school.
- Obtain a Transient Form from the Registrar. Speak with your advisor to ensure the classes you plan to take are appropriate.
- After obtaining approval all the necessary signatures on Transient Form. Contact a Financial Aid Counselor to determine whether you are eligible to receive financial aid for the transfer hours. For the Consortium Agreement Form, click here. If you are eligible, you will take the Transient Form and Consortium Agreement to the “host” school/other institution. Typically it takes three weeks or longer to get all the necessary signatures on a consortium agreement.
- Financial aid CANNOT be disbursed without these documents:
- SIGNED AND COMPLETED CONSORTIUM AGREEMENT
- COPY OF B-CU TRANSIENT FORM
- COPY OF STUDENT’S CLASS SCHEDULE FROM HOST SCHOOL
- COPY OF TUITION AND FEES FROM HOST SCHOOL
- You must complete steps 2 and 3 each term that you register at another school. The consortium agreement will cover only classes for which you have already registered. If you plan to attend the other school for an academic year, you will have to process one consortium agreement for the fall term and another agreement for spring classes.
Consortium Agreement Form, click here.