Skip to main content
Concert Chorale About Us
- The Chorale is comprised of about 60 students from all majors and nationalities.
- The Chorale is known for performing a variety of music including classical, jazz, gospel, and music by African American composers.
- National and International travels include: Cuba, South America, Canada, and Israel.
- Performed for former U.S. President Barack and First Lady Michelle Obama’s final Christmas Concert in office.
- Orchestral performances include: The Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra, The Bach Festival Orchestra, and the Jazz Orchestra at the Dr. Phillip’s Center for the Performing Arts.
- The Chorale was featured in the 2017 Edition of H.B.C.U. Digest Magazine as the Number 1 H.B.C.U. Choir in the United States.
- The Chorale has been led by several prestigious directors including:
- Thomas D. Demps
- Robert Williams
- Rebecca Walker-Steele
- Damon Dandridge
- Terrance L. Lane
- The Chorale recently performed several major works including:
- The Messiah, George Frederick Handel (1685-1759)
- Porgy and Bess, George Gershwin (1898-1937)
- Treemonisha, Scott Joplin (1868-1917)
- The Ordering of Moses, Nathaniel Dett (1882-1943)
- …And They Lynched Him on a Tree, William Grant Still (1895-1978)
- Elijah, Felix Mendelssohn (1809-1847)