Drop and Withdrawal Policy
Drop and Withdrawal
No adjustment is made to tuition charges when a student drops a course after the last day of the Add/Drop Late Registration Period. It is the student's responsibility to know the last day to drop courses during Late Registration in order to receive a 100% tuition adjustment in any given Semester. This information is readily available on the University's Homepage and through the Office of the Registrar. Office of Student Accounts Services Staff and Academic Student Success Coaches are also able to provide students with this information.
Withdrawal from the University
Withdrawing from the University is a process that involves several steps which must be followed in the prescribed order so as to avoid unnecessary expenses and/or failing grades. When a student officially withdraws from the University, a refund or adjustment to tuition will be calculated, if applicable. Students should familiarize themselves with the following Tuition Refund Schedule:
Adjustments/refunds will be processed by the Office of Student Accounts Services if written notice of withdrawal of enrollment from the University is received from the student or designated staff person and approved prior to the end of the eighth week (returning students) or the tenth week (first-time students) of classes during the Fall and Spring semesters. The withdrawal must be received prior to the end of the 10th day of classes (returning students) or the second week (first-time students) of classes during the Summer sessions.
There will be no adjustments or refunds for tuition, fees, room & board costs, institutional paid charges, waived charges, bookstore charges, late registration fees, housing assessment fees, or fines under the following conditions:
- When a student is required to withdraw due to disciplinary action, the student forfeits their legal rights and privileges as a member of the University family. All payments made toward assessed charges are also forfeited.
- In addition, there will be no adjustments or reimbursement of charges or payments in the event the operation of the University is suspended at any time as a result of any act of God, strike, riot, disruption, or for any other reason beyond the control of the University.
Students who withdraw from courses after the Late Registration Period may be eligible for a 100% adjustment/refund of tuition and room & board charges (if applicable); bookstore charges & fines/fees excluded if one or more of the following holds true:
- Student's involuntary call to active military duty.
- Death of the student or member of his/her immediate family (parent, spouse, child, sibling).
- Illness of the student of such severity or duration, as confirmed by a physician, that completion of the semester is precluded.
- Voluntary or involuntary medical withdrawal requested and deemed necessary by BCU Administration.
- Cancellation of the course(s) by the University.
- Exceptional circumstances, upon approval of the University president or his/her designee.