- Health Disparities: Programs that address inequality in the incidence, prevalence, morbidity, mortality, or survival rates of chronic illnesses in the citizens of the 32114 zip code and surrounding communities. For example, increased morbidity and death resulting from chronic disease (diabetes, heart disease, cancer, asthma) infant mortality, substance abuse, and alcoholism.
- January 14th Attended the Diabetes Seminar - (Nemours Children's Hospital Orlando, FL)
- January 26th Exhibited at the Daytona Beach National Black Nurses Health Fair - (B-CU Center for Civic Engagement)
- January 28th - 29th Participated in Diabetes Prevention Program Training - (Waccasassa Forestry Center Gainesville, FL)
- February 1st Presented Smoking as it relates to Heart Disease - (B-CU School of Nursing- Student Lounge)
- February 4th - March 11th Present Smoking Cessation 6 week Series - (Odessa Chambliss Center for Health Equity)
- February 19th - May 7th Conduct Weight Watchers Weekly Meetings - (Odessa Chambliss Center for Health Equity)
- February 21st Participated in FACT (Families and Community Together) FAIR - (Volusia County Title 1 Schools Deltona)
- February 27th - 28th AGHE ( Association for Gerontology in Higher Education): Present at End-of-Life Nursing Education Consortium (ELNEC) - (St. Petersberg)
- March 27th Coordinated the Parkinson's Disease Association of the Greater Daytona Beach Area for Symposium: Medical Updates in Parkinson's Disease Ryan Uitti, M. D. Neurologist Mayo Clinic Jacksonville, FL - (Center for Civic Engagement)
- April 4th Coordinated 2013 Papa Joe Aviance Live for Life National Tour/Walk" - (Bethune Cookman University)
- April 16th - 18th Exhibitor at SOPHE (Society of Public Health Education) 64th Annual Conference (Orlando)
- April 25th Co-sponsored the "2013 Minority Health Summit" - (Volusia County Health Department)
- May 6th New series for Tobacco Cessation. Every Monday at 5:30 for 6 weeks. The Tobacco Cessation classes are free. We provide nicotine chewing gum, patches, lozenges and etc. If you are someone you know are interested please call, toll-free number 1-877-784-8486.
- September 10th New WeightWatchers series for 12 weeks. Price will be announced closer to the date.
- January 11th Participated in Strengthening Families -Protective Factors Training - (The Early Learning Coalition of Flagler/Volusia)
Social Justice: Activities that promote social equality by focusing on the underlying inequities that are based on a long legacy of injustices leading to poor health outcomes. For example, intolerance, racism, sexism, abuse, discrimination.
- February 14th Conducted One Billion Rising Event "B-CU Rises" to address violence against women - (School of Nursing- Lucille ONeal Lecture Hall)
- March 28th Coordinate Project WARM alumni (Women Assisting Recovering Mothers) Alumni support group meetings - (Odessa Chambliss Center for Health Equity)
Service Learning: Programs that are based on both a philosophy and an instructional method that reflect the belief that education should develop social responsibility and prepare students to be involved citizens in democratic life. For example, as an instructional method, service learning involves a blending of service activities with the academic curriculum in order to address community needs while students learn through active engagement. (adapted from Jefferson Anderson)
- March 9th - 14th Coordinate and participate 2013 Spring Into Action United Methodist Church Sponsored Trip - (North Eleuthera, Bahamas)