The Presidential Scholarship is offered to students who complete high school in May or June prior to enrolling into B-CU in the subsequent fall semester. The award covers university expenses (full-time tuition, room, board, and $500 per semester book scholarship). Students must earn and maintain a 3.5 cumulative grade point average to renew the award. Awards may be renewed for a maximum of 3 years of study up to the cost of attendance.
To qualify, candidates must meet these minimal academic criteria:
- Cumulative GPA: 3.75
- Test Scores: SAT 1300 OR ACT composite 26
- Enrollment Fee (Non-Refundable)
- Copy of Social Security Card
Some residential facilities may require an additional fee not covered by the scholarship.
Funding is limited. All scholarships are competitive and are awarded on an as long as available basis.
The following is a list of required items and deadlines you must submit the items by:
Once your acceptance packet is received, you must submit:
- Pay the required $300 (non-refundable) Enrollment Fee by March 1, 2018, by contacting the Cashiers Office.
- Complete and submit your FAFSA by March 24, 2018.
A complete FAFSA includes:
- Apply for your Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID at (https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm).
- Apply for financial aid at (fafsa.gov) by March 24th. Selecting the IRS Data Retrieval Tool speeds up the completion of the FAFSA.
- If selected, submission of all verification documents by March 24th. Forms can be completed on Dynamic Forms.
- Register and attend one of the new student orientation sessions. (The orientation schedule will be provided at a later date).