Our hearts go out to families in the Bahamas dealing with the disastrous impact of Hurricane Dorian. With nearly 80,000 individuals believed to have been affected by the damaged or destroyed property, there is an incredible need for humanitarian efforts to touch the people of these Caribbean islands. The B-CU Hurricane Relief team has created an action plan to make a contribution to meeting the vast needs of so many who are taking initial steps at recovery.
Bethune-Cookman University will be accepting any donations of water, non-perishable food items, and toiletries. There will be multiple locations set up on the B-CU campus to accept these donations. In advance, we appreciate your outpouring of generosity.
Our Hurricane Relief effort will kick-off at the President’s Assembly. Drop-Off all items at the PAC Atrium on Wednesday (9/11/19) morning as you arrive for the President’s Assembly.
Upcoming Hurricane Relief Activities – Stay Tuned!!
- Campus-Wide Essential Items Drive (baby clothing and supplies, canned goods, toiletries, etc.) - All Students, Staff & Faculty
- Cultural Awareness Rally on the Quad - Celebrating the Bahamas with a Junkanoo Rush Out
- TurnUp Thursdays can drive (collection of canned goods)
- Wildcat Fridays - All proceeds raised from the sale of items during this time will be donated to the cause.
Other drop-off stations will be in the following locations:
- The Residence Halls
- Richard V. Moore Center for Faculty Innovation
- The Financial Aid Building
- Judson-McPhillips Building
- The Center for Civic Engagement (CCE)
- The Gale Lemerand Nursing Building