If a student has a balance due on their account, a “hold” will be placed on the student’s account, and the balance must be paid in full before the student will be permitted to register for the next semester, reside on-campus, receive a Bookstore Authorization, or graduate.

When a student has a past due balance and is not enrolled, the student will not be permitted to receive a transcript.  However, a student with a past due balance who is enrolled at the time of payment and request of a transcript will be permitted to receive an “unofficial” transcript.

If the balance is not paid within a year of the date that the balance occurred, the student’s account balance owed to the University will be submitted to an outside collection agency. The selected agency will actively pursue the collection of bad debt against the student.

Students should notify the Office of Student Accounts Services when a balance has been settled.  Staff will review the account, and the “hold” will be removed. Questions may be directed to the Collection Representative or any other Office of Student Accounts Staff.